Estudiar Cuidado de la salud en Spain 2023
Costo de vida mensual básico
Alquiler en piso compartido417
Participación de utilidades41
Suscripción a Internet36
Ejemplo de costo de estilo de vida
Combo de comida rápida8
Boleto de cine8
Pinta de cerveza local3
Acerca de Spain
Estudiar en Spain
For students outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland who wish to take part in a student exchange, carry out research or training or work as an unpaid intern or volunteer in Spain for more than three months.
¿Qué tipo de visa necesitas?
Nombre de la visa
Student Visa (Type D)
Precio y moneda
The prices for a student visa to Spain are around EUR 160. The visa application fee is subject to change at any time.
¿Quién puede solicitar la visa?
Citizens from the EU/EEA or Switzerland do not require a student visa regardless of the length of their stay in Spain. EU/EEA/Swiss students don’t need a visa to live in Spain, but will have to register with the local authorities and get a residence certificate.
Citizens of all other countries require a student visa if they plan to stay and study for more than 90 days in Spain. This visa is granted to those students who have already been accepted for admission by a recognized educational institute in Spain.
¿Dónde puedes hacer la solicitud?
Spanish consulate or embassy
You can apply for a study visa at the Spanish consulate or embassy in your home country.
¿Cómo hacer la solicitud?
Before you can apply for a study visa you have to find a course or program with an officially recognized institution in Spain. You will then need to get official confirmation from the organization outlining that you have been accepted on the course or program, in the form of a certificate or letter of acceptance. Once you have this, you can contact the Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country and apply for a student visa.
Exactly what is required may vary from consulate to consulate but in general, you’ll need to show your passport, as well as the following:
- details of the study, training, or research that you’ll be doing in Spain, including the hours of study per week (20 at least);
- proof that you have medical insurance;
- a medical certificate confirming that you don’t have any diseases that would require you to be quarantined;
- proof that you have the funds to support you for the duration of your stay in Spain (eg. scholarship details, a Spanish bank showing sufficient funds, or letter from parents/guardians assuming full financial responsibility);
- information about where you’ll be living;
- a criminal record certificate issued in the last five years by the relevant authorities in your home country.
If you are staying in Spain for more than six months to study, you must apply for a student residence permit within 30 days of entering Spain. You apply for it at your local Foreigners Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) or a police station. The card is valid for a year and you can renew it every year for five years as long as you are continuing with your studies.
¿Cuándo debe solicitarlo?
You’ll need to apply for your visa between two and three months before you intend to travel to Spain to allow time to process your application.
Generally, a student visa in Spain is granted for the entire duration of the course of study. You can renew your student visa to further extend your studies or take up a new course of study in Spain. Do not attempt to submit your student visa application more than four months in advance or less than 7 weeks before the departure date, else the application will not be accepted.
If your studies in Spain are for more than six months, you must apply for a student residence permit that lasts one year. The student residence permit has to be renewed every year.
Tiempo de procesamiento
Oportunidades de trabajo
The Spanish residence permit entitles you to work either part-time or in a temporary position, so long as you’re not using the money you earn to support yourself while you’re in Spain. You are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week while you are studying, as long as it doesn’t interfere with your studies. The company that employs you will need to get a work permit for you from the Foreigner’s Office. Your employment contract cannot exceed the duration of the study visa.
If you’ll be undertaking an internship as part of your course for which your residence permit was granted, you don’t need a work permit.
Horas por semana
¿Por qué necesita este tipo de visa?
Here are some of the reasons why a student visa to Spain may be denied:
- Past or current criminal actions
- Insufficient explanation for the purpose and circumstances of the planned stay
- Insufficient means of subsistence
- Invalid travel insurance
- Lacking to present a proof of accommodation
- Unfavorable Schengen visa situation - Failing to previously respect Schengen Visa limitations (i.e. Overstay in the Schengen Area, failing to follow the presented travel itinerary – by skipping to stay mostly in the main country of destination in the Schengen Area, and so on).
- Swiss School of Business Research
- CUNEF Universidad
- ITTI High Tech Institute
- Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca
- EAE Madrid
- Formación Sandler Madrid
- Formato Educativo Business School
- Real Madrid Graduate School - FIU Chapman Graduate School of Business