Descripción del programa
Explore the world of health research and the role volunteers play in transforming treatments and improving health care.
Learn about health research and explore opportunities to get involved.
Have you ever wondered how doctors and nurses know what treatment or care to give?
It’s only through health research that healthcare professionals find new and better ways of preventing, diagnosing and treating disease. Today’s research is tomorrow’s treatment.
On this course, you will learn how health research happens, why it matters and what to expect if you take part. You will also hear stories from people who have taken part in research; why they volunteered and the difference it made.
What topics will you cover?
- What is the value of Health Research?
- What is research?
- Different types of research
- Why do people get involved in health research?
- How can you make an informed decision about taking part?
- What can you expect?
- How are people kept safe and informed during health research?
- Being part of a research
- Why health research is exciting
- How can you contribute?
When would you like to start?
- Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Reflect on patient case studies to describe what is involved in health research.
- Apply learning to make informed decisions on how and why you could participate in health research.
- Identify the questions to ask before taking part in health research.
- Identify who to contact to get more information about health research.
Who is the course for?
If you’re interested in taking part in health research or discovering how to get involved in supporting health research, this course will help to answer your questions before you make the decision.
Who will you learn with?
Head of Learning Development & Design for the Clinical Research Network (part of the National Institute of Health Research - NIHR) based in the UK.
Who developed the course?
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
National Institute for Health Research
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is funded through the Department of Health and Social Care to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research.
Acerca del centro educativo
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.