Descripción del programa
Learn the skills you need to become an effective clinical supervisor and inspire the health professionals of tomorrow.
Discover how to improve the quality of students’ learning on clinical placement
What does it take to become an effective clinical supervisor? This course introduces you to the skills and tools you need to approach your supervisory responsibilities with more confidence. You’ll explore the core principles of learning and teaching in a clinical setting, and understand how to create optimal learning environments. You’ll find out how to compose constructive feedback and communicate it to students effectively. You’ll learn how to apply key strategies to your own practice, so your students experience a productive and successful clinical placement.
What topics will you cover?
Foundations for clinical supervision
- Clinical learning environment
- Principles of experiential learning
- Learning and teaching styles
Creating optimal learning environments
- Preparing for student placements
- Building relationships
- Clarifying expectations
- Negotiating learning plans
Strategies to support learning
- Questioning for critical thinking
- Purposeful observation
- Facilitating skills development
- Enabling reflection on learning
- Providing constructive feedback
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 21 September 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Apply the principles of learning and teaching to the process of clinical supervision.
- Reflect on your clinical supervision practice.
- Explain the roles and relationships of clinical supervisors.
- Develop constructive feedback.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for health professionals in any clinical discipline, and supervisors who are responsible for guiding and mentoring students on clinical placement. You are likely to be a skilled health practitioner working in a clinical setting where students will eventually practise.
Who will you learn with?
Adjunct Professor Robyn Nash is a national award winner whose expertise lies in facilitating quality experiences for students and supervisors in clinical environments.
Who developed the course?
Queensland University of Technology
QUT is a leading Australian university ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide by the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Located in Brisbane, it attracts over 50,000 students.
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
- Learn best practices from experts.
- Learn from the experience of other health professionals.
- Fit learning around your schedule with unlimited access.
- Get evidence of learning outcomes and CPD hours.
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you're eligible.
- Download and print your Certificate of Achievement anytime.
Acerca del centro educativo
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.